Bethesda released a new trailer featuring Homestead, The Elder Scrolls Online‘s player housing system, that is coming in February 2017.
Homestead is going to be released with the Elder Scrolls Oline’s next major game update and will be completely free! There are almost 40 different homes to choose from and over 2,000+ individual decorate and furniture options to make your home feel like your very own.
After completing the Homestead tutorial quest, you’ll receive your first home: a room at a local inn. “Which is on the house,” the first one is always free. After that you have to purchase them from then on.
- Houses are instanced, so no worrying about running to grab the perfect spot of land
- Furniture you create with Furniture Crafting can be sold to other players
- You will be able to see the homes before you purchase, both furnished and unfurnished
- You are able to allow friends and guildmates to visit your home
- You can grant trusted friends permission to decorate existing placed items in your home (they cannot add or remove items from your home)
- You can also allow those who are not on your friends list or in your guilds to visit your home by adding them as a “Visitor” or “Decorator” in your House Settings
- You’ll be able to conveniently fast travel to your homes via the World Map through the Collections menu
- You can allow visitors into your new home – a visiting player simply needs to teleport to you
- Homes are secure – other players are not able to break into homes and steal items.
Published on Dec 6, 2016
There’s no place like home after a long day of adventuring. Homestead, The Elder Scrolls Online’s player housing system, is coming in February 2017. Watch our Homestead first look trailer for a glimpse at some of the homes you’ll be able to own, and what you can do with them. (All the homes in this video were decorated entirely using the in-game player Housing Editor tools.) -Bethesda