Square Enix held a Final Fantasy XV Active Report live stream in Japan before the games release today. The new features were added on day one and called the “crown update.” Final Fantasy XV will be released globally November 29th.
Omen Trailer-Inspired Action Added to the Main Game
- A new action where Noctis does a drop kick after throwing his dagger was added.
- An action where Noctis escapes the area by jumping after throwing magic at short-range was added.
Wait Mode-Exclusive Ability Calls Added
- The game tempo has been enhanced by increasing the speed of “Libra,” which lets you check the enemy’s info.
- The Wait Gauge slowly decreases while in Wait Mode, but you can restore the gauge by defeating enemies.
- If you attack an enemy who isn’t targeting you, a surprise attack might be triggered. Successful surprise attacks tend to result in easy destruction of body parts.
- If you attack an enemy with little HP, you may be able to deal even greater damage.
Red Light Makes it Easier to Understand Noctis’ HP Situation
- When you only have a little bit of HP remaining, the corners of the screen will flash red.
- The stronger the color of the red, the more critical the situation.
Improved Motions During MP Burst
- Staggered movements during MP Bursts have been eliminated.
- Attempting to Shift during an MP Burst will result in a failed motion.
Shifts Outside of Battle and the Music Player
- Using Shift to move outside of battle is now possible.
- A Music Player that lets you listen to music while walking has been added. The Music Player can be purchased at the shop.
- The Music Player operates the same as the Regalia’s car radio. It should be noted that the basic battle music is played in battle.
- A whistle that can summon monsters. If you blow it, there’s a big chance that the monsters of the surrounding area will show up.
- You’ll get the Enemy Whistle when the story progresses to a certain point.